Technical Services Executive Manager: Mr L Govu
Tel: 040 6733 098
Fax: 040 6733 771
Secretary: Ms S Tswele
The objective of the department is to ensure the extension of services to meet the growing needs of Ngqushwa Municipality communities.
The Technical Services Department is responsible for:
- Waterworks [purification, reticulation & maintenance].
- Sanitation [sewerage reticulation, night soil removal, septic tanks & maintenance].
- Solid waste disposal [refuse removal & open space cleaning, tip site operation & maintenance.
- Parks, sports field & cemetery maintenance.
- Maintenance of buildings & installations.
- Pound management.
- Commonage control.
- Construction and maintenance of access roads and town streets.
- Pontoons, jetties & ferries.
Roads and Stormwater Manager: Miss N Mbekela
The section oversees the works programme, based on engineering needs assessment for the construction and maintenance of infrastructure; roads and storm water.
Manager: Electricity: Mr B Mangesi
- Managing and controlling of electrical, parks and cemetery and refuse budget
- Liaise with Eskom
- Ensure Health and Safety in all municipality environments
Manager: Land and Housing: Mr M Voko
- Coordination and management of land administration, rezoning, subdivisions, consolidations, housing development, planning and surveying, property valuation, issuing of title deeds and arrangement of township proclamations
- Coordinate the implementation programmes in respect of Spatial Development Initiatives.
Manager: Project Management Unit: Mr T Malingatshoni
- Implementation and management of capital project, including MIG Project in terms of budget, time and quality.
- Conduct regular site visits, meetings to ensure compliance with requirements.
- Arrange regular project progress meetings.
- Maintain project performance data on MIS.
- Compilation of project reports for Municipality and other departments as necessary.
- Compilation of MIG reports as per the DORA.
- Assist with other related municipal infrastructure programme.
- Maintain the consolidate cash flow performance of each project.
- Any other relevant duty assigned by the supervisor.